PDGM and Visit Utilization: Does Your Documentation Support It?
Is your visit utilization based on acuity? Who determines that acuity, and is it based on benchmarks, or is it based off of “the way we have always done it”?
- TAHC&H Virtual Event | Winter Conference | Recorded for On-Demand Access
- Presentation Date | February 11, 2021
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
- Continuing Education for Nurses
- 1.5 Contact Hr(s)
- This program awards CNE until 02.11.2023
CE Approval Statements:
· This program meets continuing education requirements
for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by Louisiana State Nurses
Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. LSNA Provider No. 4002151
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §558.259[d]agency responsibilities
- §558.260[a]quality improvement
- §558.260[a]financial management
Program Description: We are one year into the new PDGM payment model. How has your agency adapted to not only the processes,
the payment, but also to provide visit utilization based on acuity? Who determines that acuity, and is it based on benchmarks, or is it based off of “the way we have always done it”?
You will hear when it may or may not be appropriate for nursing, therapy, or other disciplines, based off of YOUR documentation.
Implement or continue developing a sound case management program which is comprehensive, collaborative, and patient centered.
Program Learning Outcome: Coming Soon
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenter(s): J'non Griffin, RN,MHA,HCS-D,HCS-C,HCS-H,COS-C, President, Home Health Solutions-A Simione Coding Company
About the Presenter(s):
J'non Griffin is a 34 year veteran of home care as an RN. She received her Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration
in 2005. She has experience as a field nurse, director and executive with home health and hospice agencies, both large and small. J’non is certified as a Homecare Coding Specialist-Diagnosis (HCS-D),
Certified in OASIS competency, COS-C, Certified in Homecare Coding Specialist-Hospice (HCS-H), Home Care Specialist-Compliance (HCS-C) and is an AHIMA approved ICD-10-CM trainer/ambassador.
J’non is an accredited ACHC and CHAP consultant. She has presented several webinars, and has been a nationally recognized speaker on a variety of subjects.
 PDGM and Visit Utilization: Does Your Documentation Support It?