The Brilliance of Resilience: How to Navigate Change and Thrive in Work and Life
Nine resilient habits for exploiting uncertainty and thriving in disruption and change.
- TAHC&H Event 54th Annual Meeting | Rich-Media Presentation Capture | Online On-Demand Access
- Presentation Date | August 31, 2023
Program Description: Every person can effectively manage change and help others to do so by developing 9 resilient habits. Change is wearing down a lot of people these days.
It’s intense. More complex than ever. But the world continues to pressure organizations and people to improve performance like never before.We need new solutions.
We need new approaches that energize us and restore spirit and morale in the workplace. Resilience gives us all a needed lift to make us more effective performers, while helping
us be more in confidence in our lives. In this presentation Jeff Vankooten introduces these nine resilient habits for exploiting uncertainty and thriving in disruption and change:
- Be Ready Not to Be Ready: Regard setbacks and change as challenges that will offer opportunities and help to bounce back from adversity quicker.
- Make Full Use of the Present: Increase flexibility and confidence and acquire a stronger sense of confidence when faced with moments of uncertainty.
- Work with the Long View: Improve the ability to understand and solve problems creatively and remain optimistic under pressure.
- Let Go of What’s Going Away: Change previous responses to pressure to more effective resilient ones.
- Take Time to Focus: Maintain performance and stamina during periods of high demand and be able to think clearly and logically under pressure.
- Don’t should on yourself: Staying honest about who you are and being the best you can be to engage stress and grow from setbacks and disruption.
- Don’t go it alone: Build strong supportive relationships with colleagues and the members of their teams and know when and where to ask for help when it is needed.
- Lighten up: Enliven the ability to use humor to maintain morale in others
- Practice Bricolage: Use the limited resources you have to accomplish incredible things.
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §558.259[d]agency responsibilities
- §558.260[a]basic principles of management in a licensed health-related setting
- §558.260[a]skills for working with clients, families, and other professional service providers
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
Texas HCSSA CE Approval Statement
This program meets continuing education requirements for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenter(s): Jeff Vankooten, Hospice Chaplain at Brookdale and Faculty Member at The Institute for Life and Care, Motivational Speaker
About the Presenter(s): Jeff Vankooten is an entertaining, informative, and inspirational speaker on the topics of resilience and meaning.
He takes the subject of death that seems morbid and taboo at first glance and turns it on its head to compel people to be inspired to live the deepest, richest, most vibrant life
possible. He has over 35 years experience speaking from the platform and has engaged audiences from non profit to Fortune 500. His primary audience are all those who are on front
lines of wanting to live a life that matters. In addition to speaking, Jeff is a hospice chaplain and keynote speaker.
 The Brilliance of Resilience: How to Navigate Change and Thrive in Work and Life