Workplace Violence: Planning, Protecting & Preventing
How you can keep your workplace free from violence...
- TAHC&H Event | 52nd Annual Meeting & Conference | Recorded for On-Demand Access
- Presentation Date | September 14, 2021
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
CE Approval Statements:
· This program meets continuing education requirements
for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §558.259[d]agency responsibilities
- §558.260[a]basic principles of management in a licensed health-related setting
- §558.260[a]risk assessment and management
- §558.260[a]skills for working with clients, families, and other professional service providers
Program Description: As leaders, you have probably asked yourself how you can keep your workplace free from violence in order to safeguard your employees.
- Have you played out your plan in your mind?
- Have you role played the plan with your staff?
- Is your plan part of your emergency preparedness plan?
Learn about some recent legislative pushes to require agencies to comply with a prevention plan. Join Grace as she shares her
workplace violence experiences and discusses the factors that should be considered as you plan, protect and try to prevent workplace violence.
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenter(s): Grace Werckle, BSN, RN, Home Care Education Nurse Manager, Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice
About the Presenter(s):
Grace Werckle worked in the Homecare Industry for over 25 years prior to joining the TAHCH staff. She has had the wonderful
opportunity to serve in multiple roles at Home Health Agencies fulfilling positions varying from Administrator to DON/Clinical Supervisor to Case Management to Field RN. With this, Grace was able
to provide focus and specialty in QA, OASIS and Compliance and enjoyed learning and held both OASIS and Coding certifications in the past years. Grace received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing
degree from Incarnate Word College in San Antonio, Texas and currently works with Texas Association for Homecare and Hospice in the Home Care Education Nurse Manager role.
 Workplace Violence: Planning, Protecting & Preventing