Revolutionizing the Healing Process: The New Way to Care for Your Wound Care Patients
Highlights how home health agencies can better leverage their in-demand wound care specialist(s)
with telehealth technology.
- TAHC&H Virtual Event | 51st Annual Meeting & Conference | Recorded for On-Demand Access
- Presentation Date | September 3, 2020
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
- Continuing Education for Nurses
- 1.5 Contact Hr(s)
- This program awards CNE until 09.03.2022
CE Approval Statements:
· This program meets continuing education requirements
for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by Louisiana State Nurses
Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. LSNA Provider No. 4002151
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §558.259[d]agency responsibilities
- §558.260[a]basic principles of management in a licensed health-related setting
- §558.260[a]quality improvement
Program Description: This presentation highlights how home health agencies can better leverage their in-demand wound care specialist(s)
with telehealth technology. Productivity is maximized as one wound care specialist can provide guidance virtually to all caregivers in the field. This is especially important in
rural areas where nurses and specialists can spend a lot of time driving instead of being able to see and treat patients. Moreover, connecting a home health nurse with a wound
certified nurse is beneficial in bridging the gap between training, clinician and patient education, and wound assessment. You will learn how agencies can enable a
better, safer, and more profitable way to evaluate and support proper wound healing.
Program Learning Outcome: Participants will actively engage in the learning activity and indicate an intent to change or enhance their
practice by identifying how their agency can enable a better, safer and more profitable way to evaluate and support proper wound healing.
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenter(s): AnnaMaria Turano, VP Marketing, Synzi
About the Presenter(s):
AnnaMaria Turano is the Vice President of Marketing for Synzi. Prior to her client-side role, AnnaMaria co-founded MCAworks,
a strategic marketing consulting firm. A published writer, she is the co-author of Stopwatch Marketing: Take Charge of the Time When Your Customer Decides to Buy (Portfolio: 2008) and a
featured contributing author to Shopper Marketing (Kogan: 2010; 2012). AnnaMaria has also been an Adjunct Professor of Marketing at NYU, Fordham University, and the University of Tampa.
 Revolutionizing the Healing Process: The New Way to Care for Your Wound Care Patients