RCD - Review Choice Demonstration - Training for TX CHHAs
An on-demand, rich-media recording of the June 19, 2019 RCD Training Event in San Antonio.
COMING SOON: SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE 06/24/2019 This training program is scheduled to be presented on 06/19/2019 at the TAHC&H / Palmetto GBA RCD
Training Event in San Antonio. After a brief post-production period this program will be released for on-demand subscribers on 06/24/2019.
- Presentation Date: June 19, 2019
- TAHC&H Event: RCD - Review Choice Demonstration Training | San Antonio
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
- Continuing Education for Nurses
- 4.0 Contact Hr(s)
- This program awards CNE until 06/19/2021
CE Approval Statements:
· This program meets continuing education requirements
for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association -
Approver, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §97.259[d]agency responsibilities
- §97.260[a]risk assessment and management
- §97.260[a]financial management
Program Description: Home Health Providers in Illinois, North Carolina, Ohio, Florida or Texas are
gearing up for the implementation of the Review Choice Demonstration (RCD) in their states.
TAHC&H is here to ensure you get the top tier education you need to be successful. We have partnered with Palmetto GBA and two Illinois providers to bring you this informative training.
During this presentation, Tammy Tucci will focus on the RCD program and selection process through the eService portal. She will discuss in detail the initial
review and subsequent review choices. CJ Sims will follow presenting the clinical side of the Home Health benefit and what Palmetto GBA is looking for when submitting a Pre Claim Review (PCR).
Finally, two providers from Illinois will wrap up the training session with practical tips and tested processes to help you be successful with RCD.
- Assist CMS in developing improved methods to identify, investigate, and prosecute potential fraud
- Protect the Medicare Trust Fund
- Reduce the rate of improper payments
- Improve provider compliance with Medicare rules and requirements
- Offers providers increased flexibility and choice
- Risk-based changes to reward providers who show compliance with policies
Program Learning Outcome:
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenters: Tammy Tucci, Manager, Provider Outreach & Education, Palmetto GBA | CJ Sims, Senior Provider Education Consultant,
Provider Outreach & Education, Palmetto GBA | Cheryl Adams, RN, BSN, MBA, Administrator, At-Home Health Care of Sparta Community Hospital and President, Illinois Homecare & Hospice Council
| Sheila Guither, MSN, RN, CWOCN, COS-C. OSF Home Care Services and Past President, Illinois Homecare & Hospice Council
About the Presenters: Coming Soon
 RCD - Review Choice Demonstration - Training for TX CHHAs