[PKG_PH2D] Initial 16HR [Phase Two] Curriculum for Administrators & Alternates of Medicare CHHA Provider Types
Initial Phase Two - Use this package to complete the 24HR Initial training requirement [Revised 3/15/2019]
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate
- Continuing Education for Nurses
CE Approval Statements:
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of HCSSA Administrator Training by the
Texas Health and Human Services / Department of Aging and Disability Services. All programs in this curriculum meet educational training requirements for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association -
Approver, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Summary: This specially-priced curriculum was created by TAHC&H education and regulatory staff
to satisfy TX §558.259( d ), the Initial 16 hour training requirement for a new administrator or alternate administrator of a licensed and certified
(i.e. Medicare certified) home health provider type or those applying for Medicare certification.
HCSSA Topic Requirements for Licensed & Certified HH Svcs Providers
All Required Topic(s) are addressed by these Programs:
- §558.259[d]information regarding fraud and abuse detection and prevention [Program 3139]
- §558.259[d]legal issues regarding advance directives [Program 468]
- §558.259[d]client rights, including the right to confidentiality [Program 468]
- §558.259[d]agency responsibilities [Programs 672, 1582, 2662, 3113, 3117, 3140, 3144]
- §558.259[d]complaint investigation and resolution [Program 468]
- §558.259[d]emergency preparedness planning and implementation [Program 1581,3135]
- §558.259[d]abuse, neglect, and exploitation [Program 468,3137]
- §558.259[d]infection control [Program 468,3141]
- §558.259[d]the Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) [Program 715]
Curriculum Description: The curriculum includes fourteen (14) programs
selected by TAHC&H education and regulatory staff to satisfy TX §558.259( d ), the Initial [16 Hr] training requirement for a new
administrator or alternate administrator. It also delivers a $40 savings compared to ordering the 14 programs separately.
This curriculum must be completed within the 12-month period following designation
as an administrator or alternate. This curriculum was created for licensed and certified
(i.e. Medicare certified) home health provider types or those applying for Medicare certification.
Each new administrator & alternate administrator must
subscribe individually to this curriculum. A subscription provides six (6) months of program access.
Programs can be viewed 24/7, from home or office, unlimited times prior to the subscription expiration.
Successful completion of an online post-test generates a printable certificate
displaying the registered individual's name, program number and title with reference to
the specific regulatory citation and date of completion. Access to the HCIN Learning Gateway continues
even after a subscription access period expires providing easy access to training records and completion certificates at any time.
INCLUDED IN THIS CURRICULUM ARE THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
Click Links to see descriptive details for each program.
 Administrator Training: Initial Training Requirements
 Survey Strategies and Plans of Correction
 Orientation to Comprehensive Assessment, OASIS & Outcomes
 Emergency Preparedness: Developing a “Plan That Will Stand"
 Financial Reporting Overview
 Achieving Efficiencies in Back Office Staffing & Structure
 Creating an Effective Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program
 Ensure Appropriate Setting Selection by Working with Hospital Discharge Planners
 Understanding & Applying the State & Federal Requirements for EP
 Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation: The Failure to Report Timely
 Fraud, Waste and Abuse: Ongoing and Unstoppable
 Advanced Concepts in Employment Law: Doing the Labor and Employment Compliance Dance
 Infection Control: Maintaining Regulatory Compliance through Excellent Clinical and Administrative Practice
 Innovating Change: Recent Changes & Recommendations for Nursing Peer Review Compliance
[PKG_PH2D] Initial Phase Two Curriculum [16HR] for Medicare CHHA Provider Types