Acquisitions - Financial Considerations When Buying or Selling an Agency
Reviews the financial considerations involved when an agency is bought or sold.
- TAHC&H 53rd Annual Meeting | Round Rock | Rich-Media Capture | On-Line, On-Demand Access
- Presentation Date | September 1, 2022
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
CE Approval Statements:
· This program meets continuing education requirements
for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §558.259[d]agency responsibilities
- §558.260[a]basic principles of management in a licensed health-related setting
- §558.260[a]financial management
Program Description: Mergers & Acquisitions have been in full swing for a while now and many agencies are
expanding by acquisition. This program reviews the financial considerations involved when an agency is bought or sold. We'll discuss the difference
between a Stock Purchase and an Asset Purchase as well as what information should be available and presentable for any potential acquisition - both from
the seller's perspective and the buyers'. For those not looking to sell soon, we'll also discuss steps you can take now to increase your potential sales
price and attractiveness to buyers down the line. Even if you never sell, being prepared to do so sets you up as a successful agency.
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenter(s): Amy Knight, CPA; Knight CPA Group
About the Presenter(s):
Amy Knight is a CPA, originally from Oklahoma and now based in Austin, Texas
with over 20 years experience almost exclusively in home health and hospice. Her CPA firm, Knight CPA Group, has extensive experience with all
financial issues pertaining to home health, hospice and other healthcare providers including cost reporting, accounting & payroll issues that are specific to healthcare providers.
 Acquisitions - Financial Considerations When Buying or Selling an Agency