Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation: Agency Investigations
A detailed, step by step, process for reporting ANE according to the HCSSA regulations.
TAHC&H CONFERENCE RECORDING: This program was presented on 11/12/2019 at the Texas Association of Home Care & Hospice
Administrator Program Conference in Houston. It is one of 20 presentations captured and produced for online access. Subscribers receive 24/7 on-demand
access from both home and office during the subscription period shown at the bottom of this page.
- Presentation Date: November 12, 2019
- TAHC&H Event: TAHC&H Administrator Program | Houston
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
- Continuing Education for Nurses
- 1.5 Contact Hr(s)
- This program awards CNE until 11.12.2021
- Social Work Continuing Education
CE Approval Statements:
· This program meets continuing education requirements
for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by Louisiana State Nurses
an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. LSNA Provider No. 4002151
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of social work education by the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, approved provider #1230.
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §558.259[d]agency responsibilities
- §558.259[d]abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- §558.260[a]basic principles of management in a licensed health-related setting
Program Description: What is self-reporting and how can an agency stay in compliance with the HCSSA requirements? In this presentation Idalia Diaz, BSN, RN, Training Specialist, Texas Health and Human Services
discusses expectations listed in the Texas Administrative Code for Agency Investigations and provides a detailed, step by step, process for reporting according to the HCSSA regulations.
Program Learning Outcome: Participants will actively engage in the discussion and incorporate best practices for identifying and reporting abuse, neglect,
and exploitation into their clinical practice.
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenters: Idalia Diaz, BSN, RN, Training Specialist, Texas Health and Human Services
About the Presenters:
Idalia Diaz is a HCSSA Joint Trainer with HHSC Educational Services, and has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from
the University of Texas Health Science Center. Prior to this position she was a theory and clinical faculty member at Career Point College School for Vocational Nursing, where she taught various
subjects from fundamentals of nursing to mental health and leadership. Before that she was employed by DADS Regulatory Services where she was a Nurse Surveyor and Death Reviewer. Idalia also spent time at
the San Antonio State Supported Living Center as an RN Case Manager.
 Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation: Agency Investigations