Advanced Concepts in Risk Management: Advance Directives - What Providers Need to Know
Understand the Texas Advance Directives Act as it applies to Home Care, Hospice and HCSSA providers in general.
NOW AVAILABLE: RELEASED 11/22/2019 This program was presented on 11.11.2019 at the Texas Association of Home Care & Hospice Administrator Program in Houston.
It is one of 20 presentations captured and produced for online access.
- Presentation Date: November 11, 2019
- TAHC&H Event: TAHC&H Administrator Program | Houston
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
- Continuing Education for Nurses
- 1.75 Contact Hr(s)
- This program awards CNE until 11.11.2021
- Social Work Continuing Education
CE Approval Statements:
· This program meets continuing education requirements
for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is approved as a provider of nursing continuing
professional development by the Texas Nurses Association - Approver, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of social work education by the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, approved provider #1230.
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §558.259[d]agency responsibilities
- §558.260[a]basic principles of management in a licensed health-related setting
- §558.260[a]risk assessment and management
Program Description:This presentation covers the Texas Advance Directives Act as it applies to Home Care, Hospice and providers in general.
It covers necessary policies and procedures as well as risk management. At the end, participants will have a better understanding of the law and updates and how to navigate the specifics of Texas and Federal law on the subject.
Program Learning Outcome: Participants will actively engage in the learning activity and identify strategies to navigate the specifics of Texas and
Federal law related to Advance Directives.
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenters: Jerri Lynn Ward, JD, Garlo Ward P.C.
About the Presenters:
Jerri Lynn Ward is the co-founder of Garlo Ward P.C. and provides legal representation in the areas of healthcare and regulatory litigation,
and health provider operational matters, including reimbursement. Miss Ward’s current practice also includes legal representation and counseling in business matters for Home Care and Hospice such as contracts, employment and litigation.
 Advanced Concepts in Risk Management: Advance Directives - What Providers Need to Know