Audit-Proofing Your Medicare Documentation
How proper documentation will alleviate the fear of Medicare audits.
NOW AVAILABLE: RELEASED 9/10/2019 This program was presented on 08/28/2019 at the Texas Association of Home Care & Hospice 50th Annual Meeting in Grapevine.
It is one of 17 presentations captured and produced for online access.
- Presentation Date: August 28, 2019
- TAHC&H Event: TAHC&H Annual Meeting | Grapevine
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
- Continuing Education for Nurses
- 1.5 Contact Hr(s)
- This program awards CNE until 08.28.2021
CE Approval Statements:
· This program meets continuing education requirements
for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
· Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development
by the Texas Nurses Association - Approver, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §97.259[d]agency responsibilities
- §97.260[a]basic principles of management in a licensed health-related setting
- §97.260[a]risk assessment and management
- §97.260[a]financial management
Program Description: Do you fear ADRs and payment reviews? This program covers how proper documentation will alleviate this
fear as you learn strategies to prevent the largest majority of Medicare payment recoupments.
Program Learning Outcome: Participants will actively engage in the learning activity and indicate an
intent to change their practice by implementing best practices in clinical documentation to mitigate Medicare payment recoupments and ensure optimal patient outcomes.
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenter: Jennifer Gibson Osburn, RN, HCS-D, COS-C, Senior Clinical Consultant, Axxess
About the Presenter:
Jennifer Gibson Osburn is a Registered Nurse with over 23 years of home health industry experience.
She is a certified OASIS and Home Health Coding Specialist, who regularly trains on home health regulation and ICD-10-CM coding. Gibson has held several leadership roles in
home health agencies, including Administrator and Director of Nursing. She consults widely for home health agencies nationwide and is a sought-after contributor to industry
blogs and publications. Gibson is committed to the success of the home care industry and currently serves on several committees for the Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice.
She has a passion for teaching and supporting the home care industry and its dedicated and caring professionals.
 Audit-Proofing Your Medicare Documentation