Business Continuity and Data Protection
Essential steps to ensure business continuity and survival.
- Presentation Date: November 14, 2018
- TAHC&H Event: TAHC&H HCSSA Administrator Program | Houston
Subscription Type: Individual
- TX HCSSA Administrator/Alternate Continuing Education
CE Approval Statements:
· This program meets continuing education requirements
for Administrators and Alternates under Texas HCSSA licensing regulations.
HCSSA Topic(s) Addressed:
- §558.259[d]agency responsibilities
- §558.260[a]risk assessment and management
Program Description: 73% of organizations that experienced a systems failure were
down for 30 minutes or more! (2017 State of Resilience Report). This presentation communicates business continuity and survival
by leading your organization through essential steps. A focus is placed on common areas of vulnerability and ways to protect
against most attacks. The presenter examines the risk of data loss and methods of recovery, including concepts of business
continuity, disaster planning, and IT strategies you can easily and affordably implement.
Program Learning Outcome:
- Participants will identify ways to manage cybersecurity risks to protect against data loss, identify methods of recovery, business continuity and disaster planning.
TAHC&H Faculty/Presenter: Ricky Smith, President, Innovative Business Technologies, Inc.
About the Presenter:
Ricky Smith is the President of Innovative Business Technologies, a SOC II
compliant Cloud Service Provider and Managed IT Service organization that works primarily with healthcare providers. Prior to IBT, Ricky spent 11
years with the homecare and hospice product group of McKesson Information Solutions. As Director of Technical Services, he became passionate about
IT’s ability to facilitate patient care. In addition to 19 years in IT health-care, Ricky spent several years as a systems engineer and
telecommunications technician in a high-profile financial and chemical engineering sector. Ongoing research on technology trends, as it relates
to healthcare providers, allows him to maintain expertise in data security, compliancy, business continuity, and risk analysis.
 Business Continuity and Data Protection